IFMA 22 – Next Gens Program
The 2019 IFMA organising committee is pleased to announce a program dedicated to our ‘Next Gens’. The program will be held during the upcoming IFMA Congress and will provide a great opportunity for early career agriculture managers to see and learn about Tasmanian agriculture and farm management.
The ‘Next Gen’ program is designed to attract a new generation of attendees to the IFMA Congress and to assist the Next Gens establish professional networks, develop their careers and build capacity. The program has many benefits, including:
- A discounted registration fee
- A ‘Next Gens’ pre-congress program, hosted by Adam Mostogl, 2015 Tasmanian Young Australian of the Year
- Two years complimentary registration to the International Farm Management Association (IFMA)
- Hosted farm accommodation (Approximately 10 spots only)
Next Gens will be invited to prepare a Farm Management Case Study, considering issues such as production technology, finance, labour, the environment and succession. Experienced IFMA members will be on hand as mentors.
Who is eligible to participate?
Next Gen program participants should be:
- Employed in some form of managerial capacity; this could be on a farm or in a business related to agriculture (eg. sales or finance).
- Less than 31 years of age by 28 February 2019, although applicants who are in the early stages of their careers and are under the age of 36 may also be considered.
- New to the IFMA and not previously attended a Congress.
- Applicants must be fluent in the English language
Please note that the Next Gen Program is restricted to 35 delegates.
How do I apply?
To apply for the Next Gen program please email your resume / CV (2 pages) along with a cover letter confirming you meet the above criteria through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30 September 2018.
Saturday 2 March 2019
- Mix of session and farm visits hosted by Adam Mostogl, starting from noon
- Group dinner
Sunday 3 March 2019
- Morning session and mentoring hosted by Adam Mostogl
- Farm visit
- IFMA 22 commences